May 23, 2004
by Reb Yudel
Wayne Rosso, chief executive of the company that runs the Blubster and Piolet peer-to-peer networks, said that file-sharing companies and the recording industry have to find ways to cooperate instead of clamping down on online music distribution.
"Clearly the suggest that changes in the law need to be made," he said. "As opposed to throwing 53 percent of the young people in the country in jail, wouldn't it be better to make sure they can do this safely and legally and with respect for copyright law?"
- Reduce underage drinking!
- Boost the economy in rural areas that house prisons!
- Please the important prison-guards union!
- Reduce unemployment among young people!
- Cut the average family's college tuition costs by more than half!
- Give faith-based prison rehabilitation efforts a chance to save their souls!